Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google Link Removal Requests Climb To 345 Million In 2014
Torrent Freak study reveals the number of Google’s takedown notices were up 75% from 2013.
- Reaching The Modern Family: Cross-Device Advertising Is A Must
Are you deploying a cross-device search strategy to capture users as they move between devices? Columnist John Cosley of Bing notes that you’re missing out if not.
- Report: Yahoo Search Share Up After Firefox Deal, Google Down
According to new data from StatCounter, Yahoo has seen a nearly 2 point search market share gain in the US in the past month. Attributing it to the recent Yahoo-Firefox default search deal, StatCounter reported that Yahoo had a share of 10.4 percent vs. 8.6 percent a year ago. Google had a December share of […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Google, Samsung Make Top Brands List For Video Advertising
- Report: iPhone 6 Drives Share Gains Across Most Global Markets
- Twitter Returns Bing Translator To TweetDeck
- Live Blog: Mondelez Talks Digital Marketing Disruption At CES
- Microsoft Rolling Out Ads On MSN Apps For iOS And Android
- Powered By Technology, The CMO Role Grows Up
- <a class="colorbox" rel="nofollow" href="http://marketingland.com/twitter-ces-panel-113411" title="Live Blog: The …read more