Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Report: Yahoo Search Losing Firefox Users Who “Switchback” To Google
Relying on recently released StatCounter data we previously reported Yahoo search gains in the wake of the Firefox “default search” deal announced earlier this year. However a subsequent analysis by RKG’s Mark Ballard argues that many Firefox 34 users are switching back to Google as their default search engine. Ballard looked at paid clicks from […]
- Everything You Need To Know About Google’s Local Algorithm, Pigeon
Columnist Neil Patel provides a summary of what we know about Pigeon, Google’s new local search ranking algorithm that was rolled out in July 2014.
- Search In Pics: SCU Basketball At Google, Android Professor & Framed Panda
In this week’s Search In Pictures, here are the latest images culled from the web, showing what people eat at the search engine companies, how they play, who they meet, where they speak, what toys they have, and more.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg Will Hold Public Q&A In Colombia Next Week
- Pew Survey: Facebook U.S. User Growth Flat, But More Engaged Than Ever
- Google Making Moves Into US Auto Insurance
- Internet Explorer Overtakes Google Chrome After Mysterious Usage Spike
- <a class="colorbox" rel="nofollow" title="Google Narrows Facebook's Social Login …read more