Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Using The New Treemaps Report In Google Analytics To Find AdWords Nirvana
Google Analytics’ new Treemaps report allows for lightning-fast analysis. Contributor Matt Lawson goes through some analyses to use in your account.
- AdWords Scripts & Macros Users: Google Analytics Columns To Be Renamed In AdWords
Google has said it will be updating several of the Google Analytics reporting column names in AdWords to reflect the names as they appear in Analytics itself. If you use AdWords scripts or macros to automate reporting downloads, be prepared for the switch to come on November 10, 2014. The change affects these three columns: […]
- Google Allows You To Disable The Sitelinks Search Box, To Search Within The Google Search Results
In early September, Google introduced the Sitelinks search box that gives webmaster the ability to control how Google handles searches conducted within the search within this site, in the Google search results snippet area. Google is now letting webmasters disable the feature completely. For example, if you search for in Google, Google will add a […]
- SEO Must Be About More Than Your Website
As marketers, we sometimes need to step back and focus on the big picture. Columnist Casie Gillette discusses how offline, social and email channels can work with SEO for major wins.
- Jonas Salk Google …read more