Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google To Close Freebase, Which Helped Feed Its Knowledge Graph
Freebase announces they will close up shop after migrating their data and APIs to Wikidata. How will this impact the Google Knowledge Graph?
- Google Trends Rolls Out “2014 Trending Topics” Feature, Site Redesign & Expanded YouTube Lists
In time for Google’s 2014 #YearInReview, Google Trends now showing trending topics of the year.
- Google’s 2014 Top Trending Searches: The World Mourns Robin Williams, Asks About Ebola & Looks For Walmart
From the most popular Google Maps searches to the most asked, “What is…?” questions, Google gives us a look at its year in search.
- Don’t “Live. Die. Repeat.” Your Keyword Mistakes
Even Hollywood makes branding and SEO mistakes. Contributor Stoney deGeyter shows us how we can learn from a recent example.
- Nest + Google Now = Google’s Now Predicting How Your Home Should Run
Google takes Google Now to the next level but integrating your home appliances directly into voice search and predictive search behavior.
- Google News Still Available In Spain Despite Closure Deadline
News outlets such as the Wall Street Journal and AP are reporting that Google News España has shut down. However it appears to still be up and available on the site. As Barry Schwartz points out, if …read more