Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google Says Penguin To Shift To “Continuous Updates”
Google To Continuously “Optimize” The Penguin Algorithm As It Goes
- Google Overhauls AdWords Editor: Version 11 Released Globally
Editor now supports more bulk editing features and enables side-by-side window viewing.
- Google Mobile Friendly Label Goes International
The mobile-friendly label in the Google mobile search results is now available in all languages.
- NYT Best-Selling Author And Consumer Behavior Expert Bill Tancer To Keynote SMX West 2015
Author of “Everyone’s a Critic: Winning Customers in a Review-Driven World” and GM of Global Research for Experian Marketing Services to be featured speaker at Search Engine Land’s conference on March 4, 2015.
- Google Launches Custom Columns In AdWords For Deeper Metric Segmentation
Advertisers can segment metrics at the campaign and ad group levels.
- Understanding Cross-Device Attribution And Adjusting Campaigns Accordingly
Columnist Mona Elesseily explains why multi-device attribution is important and explores solutions for finding credible data on customers using two or three digital devices.
- The Dynamics Of The Search Ad Marketplace: Dissecting A Moving Target
Columnist John Cosley of Microsoft shares insights about how Cost Per Click, Ad Click-Through Rate, and search volume organically evolve throughout the day.