Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google Events Knowledge Graph Adds Ticket Links, Delegated Events, Comedian Events & Venue Events
Google makes four updates to the events knowledge graph after launching the markup back in March 2014.
- Ability To Share Ads Via AdWords Shared Library Is Going Away
Feature will be eliminated on February 11th.
- Google Updates Their Structured Data Testing Tool, Documentation & Syntax Support
Google has unleashed a new and improved Structured Data Testing tool, updated their documentation and guidelines, while adding more markup support.
- Search Is Number One Content Discovery Tool For Mobile Users
Yesterday, the IAB released a report that seeks to “rehabilitate” the mobile web. Based on a Harris survey of 2,000 US mobile internet users, it argues that despite the gap in time spent, mobile users value and heavily utilize the mobile web. Interestingly survey respondents perceived themselves to be using the mobile web and apps equally despite significant, […]
- Smartphones Account For 40 Percent Of US Search Ad Spend In Q4 [Marin]
Desktop’s influence, while still dominant, continued to wane in the fourth quarter.
- Last Call for Lowest MarTech Conference Rates – Register Now, Save $400!
MarTech: The Marketing Tech Conference will help you get the most from marketing technology. Attend for strategies and tactics that: delight customers while …read more