Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- 20 Ways B2B SEOs Can Leverage Schema.org Markup
Structured data markup can improve search visibility, yet few websites use it. Columnist Derek Edmond provides tips for B2B marketers on how to get started.
- Google News Displaying “Suggested For You” Stories Customized To Match Your Interests
Google News founder Krishna Bharat used his Google+ account to announce a new “Suggested for you” feature in Google News. According to his post, Google News will now include a “Suggested for you” section of news stories to match your interests. Bharat says suggestions will change along with the news, “…to keep things fresh and […]
- Google Knowledge Graph Carousel Gains “Breadcrumb” Navigation Links
Google has quietly added a small but important feature to their Knowledge Graph Carousel – a breadcrumb navigation link. If your search brings up the carousel and it references back to a higher-level knowledge graph panel, Google may show a link to the knowledge graph panel details. For example, searching for [paypal founders] shows a […]
- Google Adds New Shopping Campaigns Tools: Auction Insights, Diagnostics Tab And More
Strange things happen during the holiday shopping frenzy — search queries sky rocket and inventory fluctuates as demand surges on certain days. Managing spikes in search volume on brand and product queries and ensuring product feeds accurately reflect inventory pose particular challenges. Today, Google announced updates to help retailers keep their Shopping campaigns running smoothly. […]
- <a class="colorbox" rel="nofollow" href="http://searchengineland.com/google-testing-scrollable-google-answers-mobile-results-209216" title="Google Testing Scrollable Google Answers …read more