Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Zomato Buys Urbanspoon For $50 – $60 Million To Enter US Local Search Market
International restaurant search provider Zomato has acquired Urbanspoon from IAC for between $50 and $60 million in cash. Zomato was founded in India in 2008 but now operates in more than 20 countries and 130 cities globally. Urbanspoon content will be incorporated into Zomato and the Urbanspoon brand will go away after a short transition period. […]
- Google Doesn’t Know When Super Bowl 2015 Starts (Yet!)
Why hasn’t Google provided the correct answer for the Super Bowl start time when year-after-year, it has been an issue for them?
- Seeing Double: Yahoo, Bing Search Ads Show Duplicate Copy In Headlines And Ad Text
Change effecting top line ads said to boost click-through rates.
- Think Small: Solve Your Mobile SEM Problem With “Micro Leads”
The time has come for brands to have a mobile paid search strategy in place. Columnist Susan Waldes suggests that businesses begin with tiny steps.
- MarTech Conference Rates Increase Saturday – Register Now & Save $400
“Customers first.” A simple concept and the North Star of modern marketing. But implementing systems and operations that deliver brilliant customer experiences in a fragmented technology environment and legacy-steeped organizations is tricky. MarTech: The Marketing Tech Conference tackles the issues head on. Hear from marketers harnessing the power of …read more