Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- 2015 Oscar Nominations Now Showing In Google Knowledge Graph & Bing Carousel
Searches for “Oscar nominee” and “Oscar nominations” on both Google and Bing deliver results for this year’s best picture candidates.
- The Franchise Challenge: How Do You Stand Out When You’re One Of Many?
Local search marketing can be a challenge for franchisees, but columnist Rachel Lindteigen has some tips.
- Google’s Knowledge Graph May Show For 25% Of All Search Queries
Google’s Knowledge Graph shows for about 25% of all Google queries, which can pose a threat to the publishers who are the source of much of that data.
- Google Still Doing At Least 1 Trillion Searches Per Year
Company is sticking with figure it gave in 2012 but stresses it’s “over” that amount. How much over, Google’s not saying.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- 2014 Top 10 “Best Perceived” Brands: Amazon & YouTube Take The Lead
- Yahoo Promotes Flurry Exec To Lead Advertising Product Teams
- Duck Tape Re-Enacts College Football Game In Real-Time On Vine
- Compare Search, Social & Display Performance On Mobile & Desktop [Report]
- <a class="colorbox" rel="nofollow" title="Mind Your Email Marketing “ABCs” To Move …read more