Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Video Of Matt Cutts Talking About The Early Days At Google
Miss hearing from Google’s Matt Cutts? Here is a 34 minute video of him giving a talk at UNC Chapel Hill the other week.
- Site Speed & PPC Performance: Why You Can’t Ignore A Slow Site Anymore
SEO professionals have talked a lot about site speed since Google made it a ranking factor, but columnist Pauline Jakober says paid search marketers need to pay attention, too.
- 11 Tips For Using Slide Presentations For Local SEO Advantage
Looking to go beyond images and videos in your local optimization efforts? Columnist Chris Silver Smith discusses a type of media you may not have considered.
- Cortana Expands The Boundaries Of Search, But Will It Eventually Eat It Too?
Cortana, the personal digital assistant, has become a key part of Microsoft’s competitive strategy.
- Wanted: Session Ideas For SMX Advanced
Here’s your chance to help shape the agenda for our always sold-out Seattle conference.
- 5 Days to Save on SMX West – Register Now!
Early Bird rates for Search Marketing Expo – SMX West expire this Friday. Register now and get three days of exceptional content and invaluable industry connections for only $1595. Think SEO is dead? We’ll show you how dead wrong you are with over 20 SEO focused sessions that …read more