Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- What Time Is The State Of The Union? White House Uses SEO To Spread The Word
President Barack Obama will deliver his 2015 State of the Union at 6pm PT tonight. If you didn’t know the time, you might turn to Google or Bing for an answer. And there, the White House hopes to inform you through a special post it made to rank for that query. Right now, the State […]
- Google Overtakes Traditional Media To Become Most Trusted News Source
According to survey data from the 2015 Edelman Trust Barometer search engines (read: Google) have overtaken traditional media as the most trusted source of news globally. Last year search engines were just behind traditional media but have now overtaken them. This “trust gap” is most evident among Millennials, according to early release data seen by […]
- Report: 2014 Was A Bad Year For Lyrics Sites In Google
2014 was a bad year for lyrics web sites in Google, with 2015 looking to be even worse for this niche.
- Making Customer Support Part Of Your SEO Program
There’s been a lot of discussion around breaking down silos within marketing departments, and columnist Casie Gillette notes the benefits of breaking down inter-departmental barriers as well.
- What Search Marketers Can Expect To Learn @SMX West In Silicon Valley
2015 SMX West Conference Preview: Big Brands, …read more