Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Paid Search Revenue Gains Outpaced Retailer Ad Spend On Black Friday, Cyber Monday
Over the Thanksgiving week, retailers increased ad spend on paid search by 49 percent compared to 2013, according to new data from Kenshoo. On the biggest shopping days — Thanksgiving, Black Friday and Cyber Monday — revenue increases outweighed the jump in ad spend from the previous year. Black Friday and Cyber Monday saw the […]
- Defamatory Threats To Have Chilling Effect On Link Builders?
Recently, Google reached a settlement with a UK businessman who took it to court over defamatory web content. Columnist Eric Ward discusses the potential ramifications of this legal battle.
- Yahoo 2014 Search Trends: Ebola Ranks No. 1 For Top 10 Searches & Most Searched News Stories
Following Ask.com last week and Bing on Monday, it’s now Yahoo’s turn to share its most popular searches for the year. Mayer’s site released its top searches for a number of categories, including most popular searches overall, top obsessions, and news stories, as well as offering up a few Tumblr lists. Ebola ranked No. 1 […]
- Is This The End Of The Penguin & Panda Era Shakeups And Recoveries?
For many webmasters, major algorithm updates like Panda and Penguin turned their world upside down, but columnist Aaron Friedman believes the days of big upsets may well be over.
- <a class="colorbox" rel="nofollow" href="http://searchengineland.com/sempo-opens-annual-state-search-digital-marketing-survey-210062" title="SEMPO Opens 10th Annual State …read more